Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering, Mysuru has taken initiative to establish National Innovations and Start-up Policy (NISP) in the Institution. In this regards committee has been formed and various activities are planned and ongoing for the effective implementation of the policy.
Dr. Lokesh C, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Electronics will be the Coordinator for NISP. Dr. G B Krishnappa, Dean Research and Development, will be the President for NISP and Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC). Dr. B Sadashive Gowda, Principal will be the Chairperson for NISP and IIC of VVCE.
The Events are executed as per guidelines of Ministry of Education Innovation Cell (MIC) for the implementation of NISP in the institute.
NISP and State Policy
The National Innovation and Start-up Policy laid down guiding framework for HEIs and it highlights various important and practical aspects of promoting and supporting innovation, technology commercialization and start-ups in academic setup as mentioned below
1. HEIs Strategies & Governance for Promoting Innovation & Entrepreneurship
2. Creating Innovation Pipeline and Pathways for Entrepreneurs
3. Building Organizational Capacity, Human Resources and Incentives to support and promote innovative and entrepreneurial activities
4. Collaboration, Co-creation, Business Relationship and Knowledge Exchange within campus and among the ecosystem enablers co-exist at regional and national level
5. Incentivizing Students for Entrepreneurship and Startup pursuits
6. Incentivizing faculty and Staff for Entrepreneurship and Startup pursuits
7. Incubation & Pre-incubation support and facility creation in HEIs
8. IP ownership rights for technologies Development and transfer in HEIs
9. Pedagogy and Learning Interventions for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development
Objectives of NISP
- To create Innovation Pipeline and Pathways for Entrepreneurs.
- To Incentivize Faculty & Students for Entrepreneurship.
- To provide Incubation & Pre-Incubation support.
- To collaborate and Co-create the Business Relationship and Knowledge Exchange.
Phase-I: Policy Formulation
- Nomination of NISP Coordinator
- NISP Regulations
- First Committee Meeting
- Second Committee Meeting
- Third Committee Meeting
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Policy – VVCE
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Policy – VVCE – College Council
Phase-II: Policy Implementation