The department of Mathematics was established in the year 1997, with a modest strength of 3 faculty members. It has grown in strength and now boasts of having a team of 12 well qualified and experienced teaching faculty members of which 6 have Ph.D. and 3 are pursuing their Ph.D. program. The department has to its credit several quality papers published in National and International journals of repute. The members of the department have been invited to deliver guest lectures at various reputed institution.
The department conducts courses on Engineering Mathematics for UG, Advanced Mathematics for PG and Bridge courses for lateral entry students. Special classes are conducted for the academically weak students to enable them to perform well. The department has been consistently obtaining good results due the sincere efforts of the team. Apart from academics, all the staff members are involved in various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
The department has a well-furnished research center established in 2011, now it has 4 recognized research supervisors and 11 research scholars who are pursuing their research for Ph.D. in various fields of Mathematics under VTU.
The department runs an association name “MATHTEA” to promote applications of mathematics in various fields.
To upgrade performance standards in the field of Mathematics in order to contribute to the nation through quality education and research.
1. Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional Engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in Multi-disciplinary environments.
12. Lifelong learning: Recognise the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
The department has HOD chamber, staff rooms, R&D center recognized by VTU, Belagavi.
Department of mathematics conducted a seminar competition on “Application of Mathematics” on behalf of National Mathematics Day on 30th December 2021, as a tribute to Shri. Srinivas Ramanujan. The event was presided over by Sri Gundappa Gowda (President), Sri Vishwanath (Secretary), Sri Shaila Ramannavar (Treasurer) of Vidyavardhaka Sanga and Dr. B Sadhashive Gowda (Principal) andRead more »