to better understand who we are, our identity as a people, a society and a culture, and how to organise our societies so we can achieve our goals.
The Department of Humanities came into existence in the year 2020. It was established when VVCE became an autonomous institution. The department consists of six faculty members. A spacious and advanced language lab, well equipped seminar hall for national and international conferences.
The department engages in teaching Professional Communication, Constitution of India, Kannada, Communication and Life skills for BE students. Apart from this the department runs special classes/Bridge courses in Communicative English to train rural students in English language usage. The faculty members engage in teaching-learning activities, research publications and conducting workshops for students to build social skills and broaden critical and creative competencies. The department is also equipped with an English Language Lab located in ‘A’ block. First Year BE students take this course as a part of the subject. Building Vocabulary, Grammar, Listening, Speaking skills, Power Point Presentations and Group activities form integral part of the course.
The Humanities department is devoted to teach Constitution of India, Professional Communication and Life skills, and Kannada Language to students of B.E. first and second year all branches. Bridge Course in Communicative English for needy students.
a person with good understanding of people, communication, problem-solving and a great deal more.
The Department of Humanities, VVCE aspires to achieve excellence in teaching and training the young engineering students in the areas of Humanities and Social Sciences through outcome based quality education and nurtures them to emerge as professional leaders, lifelong learners and responsible citizens of global community.
The mission of the department is to offer courses that aim to strengthen the students’ creative and critical thinking, problem solving abilities, Communication Skills and broaden intellectual perspectives, to understand and deal with social realities through continuous learning experiences.
1. Learn the basic concepts of communication in English Language.
2. Understand the various Cross cultural issues in communication.
3. Recognize the importance of listening in communication.
4. Enhance the learner’s creative and professional competences.
5. Familiarize the evolution and growth about Indian Constitution.
6. Provide understanding of fundamental rights as per the Indian Constitution.
7. Understand the individual role and responsibility as a citizen of India and to understand the role of Human rights and implication.
8. Understand the role and responsibility of different functionaries of the government.
9. Understand the ethical responsibility towards the society.
10. Make students aware of basic conversation skills in Kannada language.
11. Familiarize students with spoken and written Skills Kannada.
See the list of campus selected students in the previous years below:
Get in touch with us. We are always happy to help you out